Sunday, July 19, 2009

Getting ready for CAMPING

On Friday, we went downtown to walk around the Ann Arbor summer art fairs -- I've read that collectively this is the largest air fair in the US, and I believe it! We spent several hours walking around and "window-shopping". I only made one purchase -- a silver necklace with a glass pendant -- orange,, the same shape and size as a life saver candy. It's quite fun, and I love it! After our shopping expedition, we met Tom's family at a local italian restaurant for dinner to celebrate his Mom's 80th birthday. Afterwards, we went back to their house to visit and have cake.

Saturday was a busy one -- having trees cut down, stumps ground, pulling weeds, spraying fruit trees and weeds -- and we accomplished alot! We got done just in time to make it to 4:30 mass, and then to our friends' daughter's graduation party. It was a very nice party with good food, drinks, music, and friends!

Today we finished up in the yard, and then went grocery shopping to get what we needed for our camping trip. Wehave to plan a little differently for this trip -- no camper means no microwave for convenience foods. And there's LOTS of things to remember to pack! I've got my list going, and we just have to hope it all fits in the bed of the truck! Tonight I mapped our route, although we're pretty familiar with the area and don't really need a map. Several of our friends are going up north this week, as well, and we're hoping to be able to get together at some point.

Tom and I work on Monday, and half a day on Tuesday, and then we're off! Hopefully we'll find some WI-FI somewhere so I can do a few posts, rather than one giant one when we get home!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! We'd love to hear your comments!