Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Last Thursday was my Dad's birthday, so we met up with the rest of my family at the lake. 

P1010008

Tom was at the Kentucky Truck Plant last week for work, so the boys and I headed to Indiana when I got home from work on Thursday.  It was just the three of us and my parents Thursday night, so we had a campfire and played some card games. 

On Friday, the boys and I went shopping in Shipshewana -- the bulk food store, the meat store, and all of our other favorite stops in town.  We picked up steaks to go with the green beans and potatoes that I brought from home, and when we got back to the campground we fixed a delicious birthday dinner for my dad.

Saturday was "Party Day", and it was beautiful!  My sisters and I enjoyed the sun and warm weather at the beach while we read our books, and the boys enjoyed a boat ride and competitive game of jarts with their uncles.

P1010003

It was a day of fun,

P1010004

P1010005

good food,

P1010007

and family!

P1010002

(They were thrilled to know that they were going to be in my blog!)

Later, after a delicious dinner, we had chocolate cake and ice cream with homemade fudge -- YUM!!

Happy Birthday, Dad!

P1010001

Back at home, I checked out the blogs of our fellow RV-Dreamers, and put together our homeschool schedule for the week.  I also remembered that I needed to drop in on Paulette and sign up for her "Lady Go Go" giveaway that ends on Tuesday.  Fellow quilters -- go on over there and check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Just thought I would check in...from KTP in Louisville, Ky...we are busy updating calibrations here to make sure our greatr customers enjoy there new SuperDuties...man they sure are nice trucks...If you need one let us know and we can get you a Friends and Family discount...just leave us a coment here.

    Its not often I get to travel, but once in a while its not bad. Well, back to work...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! We'd love to hear your comments!