Sunday, June 11, 2017

Summertime–Strawberries and Cars

Ford Blues

Temperatures are finally creeping upward, and summer-time activities are also popping up around town.

The local strawberry farm opened for the season,

Whittaker's Berry Farm

so on our way to have dinner one evening with my Mom, and Diane & Danny, Tom and I stopped and picked 8-1/2 pounds of berries.

It was a beautiful day, and there were lots of people that had the same idea!

Beautiful day for strawberry picking!

Nothing better than fresh strawberries!Picking strawberries up here in Michigan is harder on your back and knees than it is in South Carolina and Florida, but still worth it!

YUM!

My sisters all have season tickets for “Broadway in Toledo”, and years ago when I still lived her, I did, too.  It’s been awhile since I’ve been to a musical, so when my sister Sandi texted me that she wasn’t going to be able to use her ticket this past Friday, I jumped at the chance to go with them.

Excellent show!

I met them for dinner at TGI Friday’s, and then we all went to the play.  It was really good – I love musicals, and this one was really good!

I think I need to make Tom go to an occasional musical when we’re south in the winter!






On Saturday morning, we had to run some errands in downtown Monroe, and ended up stumbling onto a small car show along the River Raisin.

River Raisin

Since it was just down the road from the Post Office, we stopped to take a look around.

IMG_4212












It wasn’t a big show, but they had some nice cars.

Mustang

1960 Mercury Station Wagon











Pink Panther

The Mercury Wagon, above, was in excellent condition . . . and it wasn’t even restored!  It was in original condition, still owned by the children of the original owner, and has just 18,000 miles on it!








This pink one was a real beauty, too!

American Graffiti car

These trucks were pretty cool!

Monster Trucks

Back at the campground, we enjoyed a beautiful sunset to cap off our weekend!

A beautiful sunset greeted us!



1 comment:

  1. My first car was a 60 Mercury Hardtop. It was in sad shape when I got it so even though I made repairs it didn't last too long.
    Glad you are Enjoying the weather.
    Be Safe!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! We'd love to hear your comments!