Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas from rainy Michigan!

Whew! It's been busy around here lately! So much to do -- shopping, baking, wrapping . . . all to get ready for a couple of days of entertaining! It's exhausting! When I have time to sneak a few minutes to read Howard's journal, it makes me envious to read about the slow pace of their days, and the total lack of stress -- even going into the holidays! I cannot wait until that is our life, too!

But, it's not yet, so we make the best of what we have. We have had some great visits with friends and family. We started out with a gathering of some of my college friends and their families last weekend -- we get together each year for a Christmas dinner, and this year Tom and I were the hosts. Our annual tradition includes a picture of all the kids gathered on the couch -- it's fun to look back at how our families have all grown over the years!

Earlier this week, Tom finally found a car that would suit our needs. It's a 2003 Taurus, just under 70K miles, and clean -- not a bad deal, and a huge relief to finally have another vehicle! No pictures yet, but I'll have to remember to get one this week. We had just a little bit of snow, but it was enough for the boys to spend hours out in the yard with Nicolas pulling Bryce around with his 3-wheeler. Now they'll have to wait for a new batch, since the warm temperatures and rain wiped out any snow we had on the ground!

Finally, Christmas Eve arrived, which is my family's day to celebrate. We all gathered at my Mom & Dad's house . . . lots of presents, TONS of food, and some entertainment by my niece's 2-year-old twins!

We got back home around 1am (thankfully the rain held off, and we had a dry drive home!!), and quickly got everyone to bed! Nicolas and Bryce were still up bright and early, and ready to open gifts . . . Casey enjoyed her presents, too!

We had just finished with gifts and were thinking about what to make for breakfast, when suddenly our power went out! We waited a little while to see if it came back on, then a call to the power company told us that it might be later in the afternoon before it came back on. We decided to just get dressed and head out to IHOP for breakfast -- turns out it was a good choice, because it was the only place open! After a delicious breakfast, we joined Tom's family at his brother's house from more gifts and, of course, more food!! Our nephew got "Rockem, Sockem, Robots", and he and Bryce had fun with it.

Now we're back home, and settled in for the evening . . . and watching the news about the attempted terrorism on a plane coming into Detroit . . . so glad that plan was crushed!

Merry Christmas to all of our blogging friends, and safe travels to everyone on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! We'd love to hear your comments!