Sunday, February 14, 2010

Shopping with my Mom and Sisters

After our late night out on Friday, I was up bright and early Saturday morning to meet at my sister, Diane's, house for a day of shopping.  Our first stop was Corner Quilts in Wauseon, OH.  It's a nice little quilt shop, and I found a really cute flannel quilt pattern that includes snowmen appliques in wool. 

Next stop was the Pettisville Meat Store, where I brought presents for home -- a chicken pot pie, some maple breakfast sausages, beef jerky for Tom and the boys, and a meaty bone and beef jerky for Casey.

After stocking up on meats, we headed to Sauder Village in Archbold, OH.  This little village is a replica of a German Settlement, and includes many cute little shops --

They're all closed for the winter, but it would be a nice place to visit in the spring or summer.  I thought this Tin Shop was a really nice-looking building.

The shops open in the winter include the bakery,

the General Store,

and our destination, Threads of Tradition, the quilt shop.

This is a really nice quilt shop, with lots of beautiful Civil War fabrics (which I love!), but I didn't find a single thing that I *needed* to buy, so I left there empty-handed!  My sisters, including Diane here, found things to buy, though.

With our shopping completed, it was time for lunch.  We headed back to Pettisville to the Essen Haus restaurant, where we had a delicious lunch.

That's the gang -- starting from the right  --  my sisters Diane, Tina and Sandi, my Mom, my sister Deby, and my niece,  Kelly.  We had a really nice day together -- see you soon, guys!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! We'd love to hear your comments!