Friday, June 24, 2016

Another project complete–solar lights

IMG_0619

Hey, we have a sign now . . . I guess we’re official!!

Settled back into the campground, we managed to complete another project while Bryce had a couple of free mornings this week.

I had seen these solar light holders on facebook, and I really liked them.  I also thought they’d be perfect for campgrounds that don’t like you to stick anything into the ground.

We bought six terra cotta 6” pots and six solar lights.  Tom had to open up the drain hole in the bottom of the pots so that the solar lights would fit, and that proved to be the most difficult part of the project.  A step drill bit (which he had to borrow from another camper), followed by the dremmel tool managed to get the job done – and without breaking any of the pots!

IMG_0600

 

Then Bryce and I painted them – three of them in green and three blue.

 

 

 

 

 

The next step was to find our patterns.  Bryce, of course, wanted the green ones to have Spartan logos, and I was putting NAVY on the blue ones.  WE printed out our patterns, and each decided on a different method of getting them on the pots. 

Bryce made stencils out of his patterns, and painted inside the cutout areas,

IMG_0599

 

IMG_0601

and I traced the outline of my patterns with a white pencil, and then filled them in.

IMG_0604

 

IMG_0603

I think they both turned out pretty good!

IMG_0608

 

IMG_0605

We placed them around our patio, and across the front of the RV.

IMG_0606

I had to go back out at night to get some pictures of them lit up!

IMG_0612

They look really good!

IMG_0614

 

IMG_0616

Another successful project completed!

3 comments:

  1. I love it. Something I haven't seen. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea for the solar lights. Fortunately we haven't run into that issue yet but now if we do we'll know how to fix it.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! We'd love to hear your comments!