Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Celebrating the Graduates

With the three of us fully prepared for our upcoming college days, we left East Lansing and headed southeast to my Mom’s house.  WE had a few appointments to take care of, and Bryce was getting his wisdom teeth out on Thursday.  That was a little bit of a bummer, since we had his graduation party planned for Friday, and his cousin’s graduation party was on Saturday.  We were hoping for the best!

Fortunately, it was also prime strawberry season in Michigan, so I picked 10 pounds of strawberries one evening – a tasty treat for Bryce’s party, and for us!!


Bryce’s celebration was a small gathering of family and a few friends, so I did all of the cooking myself.  It was fun to host a party again, even if it was at my Mom’s house and not our own.  One thing I didn’t make was the cake – I think my days of baking and decorating cakes are over – it’s easier to just order one from a bakery.

I ordered this one from Monica’s Baker Boy in Monroe, and it was really good . . .














and in Bryce’s favorite colors of Spartan green and white!









It was a beautiful evening for a party, and it was great to spend time with our family and friends!

The next day was our niece, Kathleen’s, graduation party and it was another beautiful day.  Before going to the party, we met up with our friends Harriett and Rita at McDonalds for a couple hours.  They were supposed to come to Bryce’s party, but they got mixed up and thought the party was on Saturday!   That’s OK – we just had a little private party with them!! Smile

We also went to mass at the hospital chapel, and it turned out that our retired pastor from our old church was saying mass.  He recognized Tom and I immediately, but was blown away by Bryce.  I think Bryce was in 1st grade when he retired.  It was great to see him again!

Bryce would not let me take any pictures of his puffy face at his party, but I did manage to get a few of the graduation cousins on Saturday.

Graduating Cousins

Such a handsome young man – I can hardly believe he’s out of high school and moving on to college!












On Sunday, we packed up the Jeep, said our goodbyes to my Mom, and got an early start so we could meet Tom’s Dad (along with Tom’s brother and sister-in-law) for a Father’s Day lunch at Denny’s.  It was a nice wrap-up to the weekend, and we were back on the west side of the state, settled into our home by 6pm.

It was a busy week, but fun, and now we’re getting geared up for the busy season around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! We'd love to hear your comments!